Library Programs

Wednesday, December 19th at 4:00 pm All ages – younger children please come with an adult helper. No registration required. Decorate holiday cookies with icing, candies and other treats. Co-sponsored with the North Salem Recreation Department.

Saturday, December 22nd at 1:00 pm All ages – younger children with an adult helper Create ornaments out of popsicle sticks such as popsicle snowflakes and more.

Wednesday, December 26th at 3:30  Bring the family to play Bingo and win books!

Thursday, December 27th at 3:30 pm Watch the movie Polar Express. It is rated G and has a running time of 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Friday, December 28th at 2:00 pm Open to all ages. Watch the classic movie Mary Poppins. It is rated G and has a running time of 2 hours and 19 minutes.

Current News

On Sunday, December 9th at 3:00 film historian and pianist, Ben Model, will show, discuss and accompany some short silent films.  BEN MODEL is one of the nation’s leading silent film accompanists, and performs on both piano and theatre organ. Ben works full-time presenting and accompanying silent […]

ANNUAL APPEAL

2018 has been a busy year at the library. We have had more programs than ever before and all of these have been free. Local community groups of all kinds have used the library for their meetings and programs. At the same time books circulate and free e-books, audio books, music and videos are downloaded onto devices. We are constantly looking for new ideas and ways to serve the community.

The Town of North Salem generously provides us with 70% of our operating budget but each year we must raise the remaining 30% from fund-raising events and the annual appeal. Each year we need to raise in excess of $135,000 just to meet our operating budget. Every dollar counts and no donation is too small.

Please give to the annual appeal. All donations are fully tax deductible. You can send a check to the library at 276 Titicus Road, North Salem, NY 10560 or donate online by clicking on the Support Your Library tab above. Many employers also participate in a matching gift program. We need your help to continue to grow and thrive as a gathering place and community space for programs and events that serve all the residents of North Salem.

Thank you for your generosity and we hope to see you at the library soon.

Lauren Ivanhoe
President, Board of Trustees