Support the Keeler Library by donating your vehicle in any condition and qualify for a tax donation. It is an easy, no-cost option for getting rid of an unwanted vehicle. The library uses cars, one of the nation’s largest and most trusted vehicle charity donation services, to handle your donation pick-up, sell your vehicle and generate your donation tax letter. For more information about the program or to donate your vehicle click here.
Looking for other ways to give? There are many ways to support your library. Here are just a few:
- Contribute to the Annual Appeal: We raise nearly one-quarter of our annual budget from the community. Please be generous when you receive the appeal letter in the fall.
Please make checks payable to the Keeler Library and send to 276 Titicus Road, North Salem, NY 10560
If you want to donate online, please click on the donate button above and put in the amount you wish to give.
- Year-end giving for IRA owners: If you or a loved one are an IRA owner over age 701/2, you may make a gift from you IRA directly toa qualified charity which includes the Ruth Keeler Memorial Library. An IRA charitable rollover gift can elp satisfy your minimum distribution, reduce your taxable income, while helping the Keeler Library. Please speak to a tax advisor to see if a gift from your IRA Distribution to the Keeler Library is appropriate for you and your family.
- Attend Our Fund Raising Events: We generally have one or two fund raisers a year. Information about these will be on this web site, in our email newsletter and will be mailed to the community. To buy a ticket to one of these events, click on the donate button and enter the amount for the number of tickets you wish to purchase. Or, mail a check to the library.
- Volunteer at the Library on a Regular Basis: We welcome and need volunteers of all ages. Students shelve books, prepare for the book sale, assist with computer tasks, and offer craft and other workshops. Some volunteers work a regular shift in the library at the circulation desk or in the back helping to process materials.
- Help at the Annual Book, Bake and Plant Sale: We always need people to sort books and sell them at our annual book sale/community day. We also need baked goods and plants to sell.
- Donate to Our Wish List: Our budget is very tight. Sometimes we suspect that gently used versions of what we need are in someone’s basement or attic. Recently we needed a DVD player, a computer for games for the children’s room, a child gate to block off the furnace room and a printer/scanner. We also longed for a doll house for the children’s room. Generous patrons gave us all of these.
- Join the Friends of the Library: The Friends offer invaluable help to the library especially during the May used book sale when they help us sort and set up books. Read more.
- Offer to Give a Program: We welcome program ideas. In past years, community members have given lectures on George Washington and the Black Madonna, discussed their books, given demonstrations on technology and eBay, and played music on Saturday mornings. One North Salem patron funded a series of Music Together sessions. Younger patrons have offered programs for children on holiday crafts, duct tape and LEGO. If you would like to offer a program or have an idea, speak to the director or the children’s librarian.
- Planned Giving: There are other ways to financially support your library. These include options such as: outright gifts, cash gifts, corporate matching gifts, gifts of securities or property, deferred gifts, and gifts from estate plans. Please consider making the Ruth Keeler Memorial Library part of your giving plans. If you would like to make a gift to the library, someone from the board will help you accomplish your philanthropic and financial goals. We also recommend that you consult with your attorney or accountant for the legal and tax implications of any gift you make to charity.